Still have this bug in Ubuntu 13.04.

Maybe it is wiser to manually add the file on installation than break
the install?

Shouldn't the programs be foolproof and "accidentally lost file" proof?

update-alternatives: error: alternative path /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/ibus
doesn't exist
dpkg: error processing ibus (--configure):

** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  dpkg: error processing ibus (--configure):

Status in “ibus” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: ibus

  update-alternatives: error: alternative path /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/ibus
doesn't exist.
  dpkg: error processing ibus (--configure):
   subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
   ibus

  I got the above message in Apt when upgrading 10.04testing, (a
  9.04>9.10>10.04 upgrade).

  I have a clean install of 10.04testing and I transplanted the missing
  file from there but it does not seem to be detected.