Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: gnome-power-manager (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  Either battery status icon not being shown, or the icon showing
  "Laptop battery is charged".

Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gnome-power-manager

  I am using Ubuntu 10.04.

  I am not sure whether this bug really related to gnome-power-manager
  or not. So, if wrong, please give me chance to correct it.

  Under general tab in power management preferences (System ->
  Preferences -> Power Management -> general), I had set the
  notification area to "Only display an icon when charging or
  discharging". If I use battery to power my computer without power
  adapter, no icon had been displayed on the taskbar, same thing happen
  if I plug in my power adapter to charge the battery.

  If I set the notification area in System -> Preferences -> Power
  Management -> general to "Always display an icon", a battery icon has
  been displayed on the taskbar. But, doesn't matter I am charging or
  discharging the battery, when I click on the battery icon, it will
  display "Laptop battery is charged".

  Package: gnome-power-manager 2.30.0-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-21.32-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-21-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sun May  9 20:45:44 2010
  GnomeSessionIdleInhibited: No
  GnomeSessionInhibitors: None
  GnomeSessionSuspendInhibited: No
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20100429)
  MachineType: Acer Aspire 4745G
  ProcCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-21-generic root=/dev/sda3
loop=/hostname/disks/root.disk ro quiet splash
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-power-manager
  dmi.bios.date: 03/16/2010
  dmi.bios.vendor: INSYDE
  dmi.bios.version: V1.04
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
  dmi.board.name: ZQ1
  dmi.board.vendor: Acer
  dmi.board.version: Base Board Version
  dmi.chassis.type: 1
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Chassis Manufacturer
  dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnINSYDE:bvrV1.04:bd03/16/2010:svnAcer:pnAspire4745G:pvrV1.04:rvnAcer:rnZQ1:rvrBaseBoardVersion:cvnChassisManufacturer:ct1:cvrChassisVersion:
  dmi.product.name: Aspire 4745G
  dmi.product.version: V1.04
  dmi.sys.vendor: Acer