** Tags added: precise

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 12.04 X fails to start after kernel 3.2.0-39 update

Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:

  Since kernel 3.2.0-39 update X.org fails to start with with following Fatal
Server Error:
  [    18.148] (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
  [    18.148]
  Fatal server error:
  [    18.148] no screens found

  Everything works as expected when I boot back to the 3.2.0-38 kernel
  (previous version)

  I have a Dell Presision M6700 with the AMD Radeon HD 7800M Series
  graphics card.

  I was using the  ATI/AMD proprietary FLGRX Graphics driver (post-release
updates)
  In testing I have switched the the ATI Fire GL driver and the
(**experimental** beta) driver with no change.

  I have attached the X.org log for both the broken 3.2.0-39
  configuration and working 3.2.0-38 configuration.