Hi Bjorn, thank you for your quick response :-)

I am using 4.0.2.2 on both OSX and Ubuntu 12.10, I will try your
suggestion for OSX and let you know if it helps.

Understand regarding the prioritisation, I wasn't sure how to categorise
it myself!

Packages, which is subscribed to fontconfig in Ubuntu.

  Fonts displaying incorrectly

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Incomplete
Status in “fontconfig” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  Comparison of font displaying in OSX and Ubuntu (Ubuntu is correct)

  Ubuntu Light font is compressed horizontally in Impress but the same
  presentation displays correctly on Ubuntu (presentation created
  originally in Ubuntu).