   Privacy settings don't affect Gnome recently-used list.

Packages, which is subscribed to activity-log-manager in Ubuntu.

  Clearing history in privacy settings don't clear file history in
  gnome2 apps

Status in Ayatana Design:
  New
Status in “activity-log-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  If you choose "clear history" in privacy settings (from gnome control
  center), it will claer history in the dash, activity log manager,
  etc... BUT last opened files are not cleared from gnome2 apps (eg.
  Totem).

  To do so, the user has to play with ./local/share/recently-used.xbel.
  The option that once was present in nautilus to forget recent files
  does not exist anymore.

  I don't really know if privacy settings belong to zeitgeist or not,
  and I understand they are designed to interact with zeitgeist daemon,
  but from a user perspective, "clear history" should really also clear
  gnome2 apps recent history (especially Totem, which is the default
  player).