This is a regression from 12.04 to 13.04 and you are determined to pin
the blame on Deluge despite my example that simply opening Nautilus from
the terminal displays this regression and Deluge does nothing more than
call xdg-open.

  Nautilus window opens behind current window

Status in Unity:
  Won't Fix
Status in “deluge” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Since I have upgraded to Ubuntu 13.04 (FINAL BETA), whenever I right
  click on my torrent file and chose OPEN FOLDER option, the folder
  opens in background and not on top of the window like I used to have
  it in Ubuntu 12.10.