Still, in the released 13.04, automatic/scheduled backup is not working.

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  After the last update, the scheduling of déjà-dup is not working
  anymore

Status in “deja-dup” package in Ubuntu:

  Recently there was an update of the deja-dup package, and since then, I have
found that the scheduling is not working anymore.
  I mean that I have turned on "Automatic Backup", and set a backup every day.
This has always worked, since the installation of Ubuntu 12.04 last April, but
now no more. In the settings window is displayed that the next backup is for
today, but the backup never happens. Tomorrow it will be the same thing, and so
on.
  To backup my data I have to start the process manually through the settings
window with the button "Run backup now" (or whatever it is in English).

  Package: deja-dup 22.0-0ubuntu3