#6 works but doesnt that install the old version of Nautilus.
The new version was so much better.

Please update the bug and it is bad.. as it affects both gnome and unity
desktop.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  gnome background

Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:

  After updating from 12.10 to 13.04. I got the background pictures of
  13.04. I enabled it and the desktop is not showing the picture. It is
  showing the white background instead of the selected picture.