Closing because of no response. Please feel free to reopen this bug if
you are still affected. Maybe you could also file this bug into the bug
tracker at xscreensaver. Thank you very much for your patience!

** Changed in: xscreensaver (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xscreensaver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xscreensaver in Ubuntu.

  mouse problems after xscreensaver quits

Status in GNOME Screensaver:
  Unknown
Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “xscreensaver” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: xscreensaver

  I'm using a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer USB (the one with 2 thumb keys,
scroll wheel and cable).
  Normally i can use all the buttons and the wheel in an ordinary way.
  For example: Thumb keys to go on previous pages in Firefox or Nautilus, wheel
to scroll.
  But after i quit the xscreensaver, I always have to press a mouse button +
the scroll wheel to scroll. Same with thumb keys.
  After a restart everything is back to normal.

  My mouse Section from xorg.conf:

  Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier     "Configured Mouse"
      Driver         "mouse"
      Option         "CorePointer"
      Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
      Option         "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
      Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      Option         "Buttons" "7"
  EndSection

  Does anyone know how to solve that problem except for not using
  xscreensaver?