Public bug reported:

Hi,

I am quite new to ubuntu and I have been trying to find the solution to
this on the ubuntu blogs, which I have found quite usefel (on a side
note). I am unsure if this is the right place to inquire about this,
soory if it isnt.

I used to have the Unity Greeter as my Lock screen on 13.04 just a few
days ago but after a fresh installation, the unity greeter lock screen
is not available. Instead now I get the old styled white lock dialogue
box.

Attached a screenshot from a website of what I am talking about.
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/new-lightdm-lockscreen.jpg
http://www.iloveubuntu.net/unity-greeter-021-released-improved-theming-ubuntu-1204-lts

I have also tried several commands such as to no avail,
sudo apt-get build-dep unity-greeter command
sudo apt-get install --reinstall lightdm
sudo apt-get install --reinstall unity-greeter
as mentioned on,
http://askubuntu.com/questions/281420/cant-compile-unity-greeter-13-04-1-on-ubuntu-12-04

Has this functionality been stopped or is it a system setting that needs
to be changed on 13.04?  How can I activate this on my system?

I would be grateful for any help, because I have looked on several
websites and there is active discussion on this but no resolution.

Thanks in advance!

** Affects: unity-greeter (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-greeter in Ubuntu.

  Unity Greeter lock screen is not available on Ubuntu 13.04

Status in “unity-greeter” package in Ubuntu: