Yes, me TOO, I am affected. Ubuntu 13.04 upgraded from 12.10. No problem
when I was with 12.10. Now problem with 13.04, standard Unity Desktop.
Icons on desktop have white rectangular forms. It does not look good.
Hopefully it can be rectified with future updates. Thanks.

  White borders around *.desktop files on the desktop

Status in Nautilus:
  Fix Released
Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 13.04, Nautilus 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu2

  Desktop launcher files are drawn on the desktop with a heavy white
  border and very thin border in Home Folder.

  This only happens with *.desktop files. Links, folders, and files
  display normally.