Public bug reported:

Version: 12.04
Update performed ab. 20-th of Apr 2013 caused deadly crash (no recovery
possible)
Kernel version 3.8
My HTPC: P4 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR 2 533MHz, MTHB MSI 865PE Neo2 Gold

When PC is booting kernel and makes some PCI initialization it hangs
after this message:

[ 0.214824] pci 0000:00:1d.7: PCI->APIC IRQ transform: INT D -> IRQ 23

Only cold reboot helps - no other action is performed (no HDD activity
observed in freeze state)

On Kernel 3.6 system performs very well and bug is not observed.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  Freeze of death on PCI -> APIC IRQ Transform

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu: