Public bug reported:

1. Using Ubuntu 13.04 x64 for Desktops (tested in 2 PCs with same
release).

2. Expected behavior when you modify /etc/fstab as follows in order to
auto-mount ntfs partitions:

# blah, blah...
# <file system>                        <mount point>
<type>   <options>

UUID=DA3C779E3C77747B  /media/user/Win-Partition   ntfs-3g
rw,auto,user,fmask=0111,dmask=0000,nls=utf8,remove_hiberfile

<dump>  <pass>
0              0

Once Ubuntu boots, Nautilus shows Win-Partition automatically (you don't
have to select 'Computer' to mount it).

3. Instead, during Ubuntu's boot, the following appears:

'An error occurred while mounting /media/user/Win-Partition
Press S to skip mounting or M for manual.'

I press S and continue, but I can't mount the partition in Nautilus nor
Thunar.

*** I did detected though that this happens when you shutdown the PC
within Windows 8, NOT WHEN YOU RESTART FROM WIN8 ***

Nevertheless, this didn't happen with Ubuntu 12.10.

Hope you fix this guys. Thanks in advance!

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Ubuntu 13.04 doesn't auto-mount ntfs filesystems

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu: