** Changed in: gnome-keyring (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Ubuntu Desktop Bugs (desktop-bugs) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: vinagre (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-keyring (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-applet in Ubuntu.

  Password prompt "freezes" system during presence of a drop-down menu
  [hardy]

Status in GNOME keyring services:
  Fix Released
Status in “gnome-keyring” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “network-manager-applet” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “vinagre” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gnome-keyring

  While highlighting a security setting from the network manager drop-
  down menu (to manually connect to a network), I received a password
  prompt. This caused the computer to "freeze". I could move the mouse,
  but I couldn't click on anything; my only choice was to restart X. The
  prompt was caused by network manager automatically connecting to a
  preferred wireless network.

  I have been able to reproduce this bug twice: the first time was
  accidentally and caused me to lose all my open windows - very
  frustrating. The second time was intentional. This should be fixed as
  it has a potentially catastrophic affect on wireless users (and maybe
  wired?): users can lose very important work if they have a blip in
  their internet connection - and possibly during other times when a
  admin password is asked for.

  Fix: Show an error message stating that the mouse could not be
  grabbed.