** Changed in: hundredpapercuts
    Milestone: papercuts-nautilus => papercuts-s-nautilus

  reload in nautilus temporarily blanks file list

Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
  Confirmed
Status in Nautilus:
  New
Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Open a windows in Nautilus
  Hit F5 or View/Reload
  The current list of files goes blank then reloads completely

  This is annoying for me mainly in this scenario: I would like to use a
  file manager to monitor file sizes from multiple downloads. When I
  refresh, it should be easy to see if the file size has changed or not.
  However in nautilus, because the entire screen blanks out and then
  reappears, it's difficult to see if there has been a change in file
  size, *especially* if there are several files that changed in size. If
  you can't visualize how difficult it is to see if multiple files have
  changed, try setting up multiple file downloads, pointing nautilus at
  the download directory and hitting F5 to try and see if any of them
  have changed in file size - the "reload everything" makes it quite
  difficult. Compare this to doing an "ls -la" in a console window which
  is nearly instantaneous and you'll see what I mean.

  If the reload functionality could simply refresh each of the details
  for each file rather than reloading the whole screen from scratch then
  it would not "flash" and it would be a lot easier to track file size
  (or other attribute changes).