--question by Eusebius--

I'm using 12.04.

The battery indicator does not show in the menu bar in Gnome classic
(gnome-session-fallback). It is not that it disappears under certains
conditions, as I see in some bug reports: it has never shown.

When I go to the system settings and choose to display the icon when the
battery is present, or when the battery is in use, the setting is
automatically reset to [blank] upon reloading of the settings page.

Sorry, I'm not sure what package exactly would be responsible for
showing this icon. Probably indicator-applet?

Thanks in advance if you have some insight to share.

** Affects: gnome-session (Ubuntu)

--
battery indicator not showing in gnome-session-fallback
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.