** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Apport crash while generating report from a gdb crash

Status in “apport” package in Ubuntu:

  Apport crash while trying to generate a report from a  gdb crash core
  dump.

  crash occure in function add_gdb_info() of file report.py on the line (around
687):
   if '"ERROR:' in self['GLibAssertionMessage']:

  The crash happens because GLibAssertionMessage as not been affected as
  a key in self[].

  It's because apport assume that the cmd invoking gdb : "out =
_command_output(gdb_cmd).decode('UTF-8', errors='replace')"
  will work and return correct value.

  In my case the gdb invokation seems to give an incomplete result starting
with :
  "[New LWP 18326]\nwarning: Can\'t read pathname for load map: Erreur
d\'entr\xe9e/sortie." ending with "No symbol table info available."

  therefore parts list is composed of 1 element :

  (pdb): len(parts)
  1
  (Pdb) parts[1]
  *** IndexError: list index out of range

  I guess a possible correction would be to add a check on the result of
  the gdb invocation or on the number of items in parts list line 681.

  I could provide a patch but i'm not sure what is the cleanest way to
  correct this.

  Affected version is apport 2.9.2.