Thank you for your input Christopher.  The fresh installation did the
trick, thank you very much! Now I can use Libre Office again. If you
want, I can provide the new dependencies list.  I consider this bug
already closed. :)

I really appreciate for the support and the suggestion to fix this
issue.  Keep up the work!

Best regards,

-Andrey

  libreoffice hangs in splash screen, javaldx could be affected too

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  This is happening to me for the first time in Kubuntu 13.04. However
  in a laptop with the same distro version LibreOffice is working fine.
  A package that seems related to this issue is javaldx, because when I
  try to open any libreoffice instance, such package stays in memory and
  seems to do nothing. Another oddity in my case is that the progress
  bar doesn't show at all. The strange thing is that LibreOffice doesn't
  crash, it just displays the splash screen silently as long as I wish,
  until I kill the process.

  In my ~/.config/libreoffice directory it made another profile: before
  there was a directory named 3 and now it makes another directory named
  4. If I delete the directory 4 libreoffice recreates it, with just a
  single file in it named javasettings_Linux_x86.xml located in
  ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/config That happens every time I try to
  open libreoffice again. In my ~/.libreoffice directory there is also a
  directory named 3.

  I started an instance from the CLI too, but LibreOffice doesn't show
  any output, even when I kill the process.

  I've tried reinstalling LibreOffice again from the offical repo,
  through a *tar.gz file from libreoffice.org, through the PPA, and
  nothing until now. I've tried too moving the  ~/.config/libreoffice
  and ~/.libreoffice to new locations to no avail. In this moment I have
  installed the official repo LibreOffice suite.

  I found a similar behavior in Askubuntu.com, where people are
  reporting this problem too: http://askubuntu.com/questions/287953
  /libreoffice-crashes-or-hangs-12-10-and-13-04 and
  http://askubuntu.com/questions/285772/how-do-i-install-
  libreoffice-4-0-2

  I appreciate any help given about this subject,

  Best regards,

  -Andrey

  Package: libreoffice 1:4.0.2-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-19-generic i686