This bug affects me as well on a fresh install of Raring, fully up to
date as of today. At first it seemed to work fine but shortly after I
began using the system it began exhibiting this behavior. It seems to do
it all the time for me now. I'm unsure of what information I can
provide, if any, to help.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.

  Opening shutdown dialog immediately triggers reboot

Status in “gnome-session” package in Ubuntu:

  gnome-session package version: 3.8.0-0ubuntu1~raring1

  Since switching to Ubuntu 13.04, clicking on "Shutdown ..." from the
  menu makes the shutdown dialog pop up for a second and automatically
  triggers a system reboot. This behavior can be seen in about four out
  of five times. The same problem occurs when the power button of the PC
  is pressed.