Public bug reported:

The last few releases by Chad on the
https://launchpad.net/~cmiller/+archive/chromium-browser-stable-daily
PPA have given me the following error when installing in 12.04:

"/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser: error while loading shared
libraries: libsync.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"

If this package needs to use the libsync package or something similar,
can it be installed from the Ubuntu repos or removed entirely? It is
causing the browser to not start.

** Affects: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)

** Tags: chromium libsync precise

** Attachment added: "Photo of error in terminal"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1187935/+attachment/3695697/+files/chromium27_libsyc.png

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Chromium 27 gives a libsync.so error

Status in “chromium-browser” package in Ubuntu: