i had the same problem on ubuntu 13.04 64 bit... we need help

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-applets in Ubuntu.

  Accessibility keyboard settings get lost

Status in The Gnome Panel Applets:
  New
Status in central project for keyboard configuration:
  Invalid
Status in “gnome-applets” package in Ubuntu:

  Feisty i386, Hardy Beta AMD64  (at least)

  When the Keyboard Accessibility settings for Enabling Sounds and
  Modifier Keys have been set - but NOT set to disable if more than one
  key is pressed - the settings stop working fairly rapidly in Hardy
  AMD64 and after most reboots in Feisty.

  1. This is extremely annoying for those of us who need to hear when a
  modifier key is pressed.

  2. In Hardy AMD64 the Caps Lock key does not beep when modifier sounds
  are enabled - in Feisty it does.

  Please - this has been reported for years - please can more attention
  be paid to this minority group of users who need their Accessibility
  settings to be remembered by the system. It really is very important
  to some of us.

  Thanks ...
  David

  WORKAROUND that works for some people:
  1. Start gconf-editor (Configuration Editor).
  2. Go to /desktop/gnome/accessibility
  3. I had enabled Sticky Keys from Keyboard preferences before starting
gconf-editor. I found that stickykeys_enable was checked.
stickykeys_modifier_beep was checked. stickykeys_two_key_off was also checked.
This is important, because I had specifically not enabled this option from
Keyboard preferences. Nevertheless, it was checked. I unchecked this, and set
value for timeout to an extremely large value (24000).