Public bug reported:

By default, Nautilus will perform a search/select files in the folder as
users type into the window. This takes input through a text box that
appears below the bottom-right of Nautilus.

If I enter some text into the box, and then click off of Nautilus into
(say) Firefox, then the box will still appear over my Firefox window.
See attached picture.

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "Screenshot of issue"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1190237/+attachment/3701464/+files/nautilus_bug.png

  Nautilus "Search when typing" box persists

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu: