is this a comment for me? or for tracking? I am not sure what all that
means.

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC, IDT 92HD71B7X, Pink Mic, Front] fails
  after a while

Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:

  Since adding Ubuntu to this laptop I have had intermittent sound issues. I am
new to Ubuntu so much of it might be me. The sound will go out from time to
time and when I reboot it will come back. the mute button on the soundpad works
but doesn't change in colors when it is used. The internal mic has never
worked. I wsas starting to install recording studio software to test and it
took me many tries to get anything to playback  on the jack tool and once it
did, my speakers decided to stop working like they have been apt to do. I am
sure I just need the right driver, but I having an issue finding it. If anyone
could help me, that would make my month
  thanks

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu4
  ApportVersion: 2.9.2-0ubuntu8.1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Jun 16 20:24:37 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64 (20121017.5)
  MarkForUpload: True
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_Card: Built-in Audio - HDA ATI SB
  Symptom_Jack: Pink Mic, Front
  Symptom_Type: Sound works for a while, then breaks
  Title: [HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC, IDT 92HD71B7X, Pink Mic, Front] fails
after a while
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to raring on 2013-04-27 (50 days ago)
  dmi.bios.date: 08/19/2009
  dmi.bios.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
  dmi.bios.version: F.4A
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
  dmi.board.name: 30FB
  dmi.board.vendor: Compal
  dmi.board.version: 01.9A
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Compal
  dmi.chassis.version: N/A
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnHewlett-Packard:bvrF.4A:bd08/19/2009:svnHewlett-Packard:pnHPPaviliondv4NotebookPC:pvr1:rvnCompal:rn30FB:rvr01.9A:cvnCompal:ct10:cvrN/A:
  dmi.product.name: HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC
  dmi.product.version: 1
  dmi.sys.vendor: Hewlett-Packard