Same issue here.  32-bit Xubuntu 12.04 LTS latest updates.  Thinkpad
X201 w/internal Intel video, using 2 1600x1200 external monitors.

Packages, which is subscribed to flashplugin-nonfree in Ubuntu.

  you tube full screen not really full

Status in “flashplugin-nonfree” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu: Jaunty (KDE and gnome both have the issue)
  Package: flashplugin-nonfree (10.0.22.87ubuntu2)
  Browser: Firefox 3.0.10 (currently)
  Graphics card: nVidia 7800 GTX
  Graphics driver: nvidia -glx-180 (180.44-0ubuntu1)
  Other information: dual-head using nvidia's control panel (meaning no xrandr
etc)
  Architecture: x86

  I have been having this issue with flash for a while (since atleast
  Hardy). My youtube videos don't go fullscreen. All other flash-video
  based sites I've checked work fine.

  What exactly happens: Fullscreen opens but actual video size is just
  slightly bigger than the original in the middle on the full screen and
  rest of the screen around it is black.

  Also, this has been checked with opensource flash plugin for mozilla
  and it works. But that one is flickery on full screen for all flash
  vids. flashplugin-nonfree however is flawless for all other sites
  checked except youtube. Not sure why is that. May be some special
  script youtube uses or something else.

  If more information is needed please let me know.