** No longer affects: thunderbird (Ubuntu Lucid)

** No longer affects: thunderbird (Ubuntu Maverick)

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  ensure that x-www-browser is used if no http handler is found through
  gnome integration

Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: thunderbird

  left over from bug 526290

  in greates tbird 2.0 package we had global config for http protocol handler
set to x-www-browser ... and i think
  we also had a patch that protocol handler is used if the gnome integration
didnt give any result.

  In that way we had a safety net that would bring up some browser even if user
setup is otherwise messed up
  or if the user uses a desktop environment without gconf.