This bug was fixed in the package unity -
7.0.2+13.10.20130705.1-0ubuntu1

---------------
unity (7.0.2+13.10.20130705.1-0ubuntu1) saucy; urgency=low

  [ Timo Jyrinki ]
  * Bump version number to go with X.org update

  [ Brandon Schaefer ]
  * When the ScopeView changes visibility make sure we update the filter
    scroll view as well. This way we don't get random overlay scroll
    bars appearing when it shouldn't!. (LP: #1175666)

  [ Timo Jyrinki ]
  * Move unity to the new libxi changes, along with the new 1.14
    xserver. Manual merge to be able to migrate together with Xorg from
    -proposed.

  [ Didier Roche ]
  * Revert rev 3404, makes autopilot tests failing as well as keep weird
    filters artefacts in the preview

  [ Marco Trevisan (Treviño) ]
  * ScopeProxy: use glib::SignalManager to manage connections and
    disconnections.
  * Use again glib::Cancellable wrapper in scopes code.

  [ Ubuntu daily release ]
  * Automatic snapshot from revision 3410
 -- Ubuntu daily release <ps-jenk...@lists.canonical.com>   Fri, 05 Jul 2013
12:40:50 +0000

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Scroll widget appears even though there's nothing to scroll

Status in Unity:
  Fix Committed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  From time to time the scroll widget appears in the Dash even though
  there's no visible view that can be scrolled. The widget usually
  appears between the second and third scope result column (probably
  because of previews?).