Do you have more than one keyboard layout active in the system? If so,
try putting the layout you want at startup at the first place in the
keyboard preferences of the system. I remember there was once a bug,
where this made a difference in Ubuntu.

I don't know whether it is really related to your problem in Lubuntu,
but it might be worth a try.

Packages, which is subscribed to onboard in Ubuntu.

  Onboard keymap lost at reboot

Status in “onboard” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  I'm running Onboard 0.99.0-alpha1-tr1190-0ppa-precise1 on Lubuntu 12.04
  I have a strange behaviour: each time I reboot the computer, onboard 'looses'
its keymap. I have tried though to fix this through sudo dpkg-reconfigure
console-setup or sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration, but this doesn't
help. Putting '@lxkeymap -- autostart' in .config/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart
doesn't help either.
  What is strange is that if I run lxkeymap once manually, just applying the
current keymap, then onboard is configured properly.
  Can you help?
  Thanks in advance and best regards,
  Andre