Public bug reported:

Testing Kubuntu and Ubuntu 13.10 Alpha 1 and then Alpha 2 has given the
same results, as soon as I try and wake up my PC I get a screen filled
with speckly black and white rectangles instead of a usable desktop,
then the mouse cursor will jitter worse and worse until it crashes
fully, I am unable to even access bash after waking up my PC.

I run an Intel 3000HD on chip (Intel i5) and a PCI-E GTX 470 nVidia card
(ASUS Desktop Board), the same happens for me using the Live Desktop
from USB or the installed OS (I've not tried the closed source drivers
as I don't want to use them).

This bug never used to occurred in Kubuntu/Ubuntu 13.04 Final, although
I had to make a script disable my USB devices or the PC would wake up
straight away and not stay asleep (which has been fixed in this new
version) - One of the most important things is that my PC sleep and wake
up quickly when I need it.

I think it's a conflict of having the on chip GFX and the PCI-E enabled,
but I can not disable the on chip GFX and I really should have to, it
may not be this causing problems, but I do hope this is fixed by the
final as I really want to be using Linux again. As Ubuntu is meant to be
using MIR instead of xORG I reported this as Unknown, but I suspect it's
a kernel issue and not related to the Display Manager at all.

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** Tags: 13.10 crash display sleep suspend wakeup

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Video Crashes on Resume from Sleep/Suspend

Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu: