** Information type changed from Private Security to Public Security

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to firefox in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1207489

Title:
  Ubuntu Firefox launch page has non-SSL Google search bar

Status in Ubuntu Start Page:
  New

Bug description:
  Google searches can be performed via either http://google.com or
  https://google.com. Using the latter will cause the search terms to be
  encrypted in transit, which is the right thing for nearly all users,
  to prevent ISPs and other parties between the user and Google from
  seeing what they're searching for.

  The default launch page I get when I start up Firefox in Ubuntu
  Precise has a Google search bar, which uses the non-secure URL for the
  search. If I use the search bar at the top of the browser it does
  search via SSL, which is good. The launch page should be changed to
  use Google via HTTPS as well.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-start-page/+bug/1207489/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to