Public bug reported:

I am using the current ppa:onboard/ppa PPA version of onboard on an up-
to-date Saucy system with the standard Unity desktop (Lenovo Thinkpad
Twist convertible with touch screen, Intel Core i7 with on-chip GPU).

Onboard does not take the desktop theme. The keys are beige with black
text, and not as the menus dark gray with white text.

The problem only happens on the Unity desktop. On the login screen of
LightDM one can turn on onboard via the accessibility menu and there
onboard always shows up correctly.

** Affects: onboard (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to onboard in Ubuntu.

  Onboard does not take desktop theme

Status in “onboard” package in Ubuntu: