Thanks for the detailed explanation; my questions were intended to
eliminate possible causes and to narrow down the problem. It is weird,
that the system gets problems reacting to clicks, after the right click
has been activated in Onboard.

Marmuta might have to look into this. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Packages, which is subscribed to onboard in Ubuntu.

  Right-click emulation of Onboard does not work

Status in “onboard” package in Ubuntu:

  If I turn on the mouse button mode of onboard I get some additional
  keys where one is a mouse pointer pointing to the upper right. This
  issupposed to emulate the right mouse button on the touch screen. I
  have clicked this key via the touch screen and then clicked on the
  desktop background. Only after a second click reveals the appropriate
  right-click menu. For a terminal window I do not get the right-click
  menu at all.

  I am using current Saucy with the standard Unity desktop and onboard
  from the Onboard PPA: ppa:onboard/ppa.