> So, I don't think we should invest time into supporting this, and it would
> be better implemented as an add-on for those who want it. Sorry. :/

This HAS been implemented as an addon: https://github.com/infinity0
/mozilla-gnome-keyring

The problem is that it has to be a binary add-on and is therefor next to
impossible to maintain with Firefox' rapid release cycle. Some Linux
distributions don't even ship Firefox development headers anymore, and
comment it with "this should be integrated into Firefox, please contact
upstream".

This is a pledge from a user: PLEASE integrate this patch. This is
functionality that is wanted and needed (since the Master-password stuff is
indeed a giant mess) by a lot of people and you even have a patch provided and
people willing to maintain it.

  Seahorse integration

Status in The Mozilla Firefox Browser:
  Confirmed
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox

  The Seahorse SSH integration totally rocks!
  Would it be possible to integrate Firefox with Seahorse to manage web site
passwords or the Firefox master password?