This bug is very finicky to reproduce. I've been testing with completely
up to date and pristine Saucy virtual machines on both amd64 and i386,
*without* the AppArmor mediation dbus package (so I'm testing dbus
1.6.12.0ubuntu2).

These are throw away VMs that I create and trash as needed. I'll create
one and it will never hit this bug, hit this bug on some boots, or hit
this bug on every boot. I haven't been able to see pattern.

However, I currently have an i386 VM that is hitting this bug on every
boot. This is the contents of ~/.xsession-errors:

$ cat ~/.xsession-errors
Script for cjkv started at run_im.
Script for default started at run_im.
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
init: at-spi2-registryd respawning too fast, stopped

I don't know much about at-spi2, but I noticed that this dbus method
call hangs until a timeout is reached:

$ sudo dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=org.a11y.Bus /org/a11y/bus
org.a11y.Bus.GetAddress
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible
causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus
security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
connection was broken.
Command exited with non-zero status 1
real 25.02
user 0.00
sys 0.00

There are no AppArmor denials in the syslog and dbus dbus
1.6.12-0ubuntu2 is running, so I think it is completely safe to say that
AppArmor and AppArmor D-Bus mediation is not at fault here.

** Also affects: at-spi2-core (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: at-spi2-core (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to at-spi2-core in Ubuntu.

  Error retrieving accessibility bus address:
  org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply.

Status in “at-spi2-core” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “dbus” package in Ubuntu:

  Stock Saucy + gnome3-team ppa

  Package: gedit 3.8.3-0ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-4.9-generic 3.11.0-rc7
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-4-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.12.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: i386