I think this design error is more serious than the report above
suggests. I am currently trying to sync 1GB of Gmail data and you would
really be forgiven for thinking Evolution has completely stalled because
there is no information and all the little spinning wheel animations
have all stopped spinning. The only reason I haven't assumed the worst
and forced Evolution to quit has been because I have been using iotop to
confirm that Evolution is still writing to disk. When a process can take
hours or even days (which is what a sync with a full Gmail mailbox would
take) you really do need to know whether or not something is still
happening.

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  Message moving/copying should have a real progress bar

Status in The Evolution Mail & Calendaring Tool:
  Confirmed
Status in “evolution” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: evolution

  Currently, when copying large numbers of messages to a remote IMAP server,
the
  status bar is the only way to tell how far the copy has progressed. It tends
  continually show "Fetching summary information for new messages"... only
  briefly switching to a string like "Moving messages (xy%)"

  It should really show a real progress bar... or at the very least, show
  something like "Moving messages (xy%)" all the time.