It works for me!

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libv4l
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libv4l-dev

Packages, which is subscribed to cheese in Ubuntu.

  Weird colors on Webcam (ubuntu 11.10)

Status in “cheese” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in “libv4l” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Version log:
  Ubuntu 3.0.0-12.20-generic 3.0.4
  Release:

  I have weird colors on my webcam after fresh install of Oneiric. It
  didn't happen in Natty. I don't think it's a cheese bug but a kernel
  bug since gstlaunch-0.10 gives the same result. No problem whatsoever
  with Camorama, Guvcview or VLC, only with applications that take the
  image directly from gstreamer (that's why I filed the bug here). I
  have updated the video drivers from linuxtv.org and tried different
  solutions, but no luck.

  Instalados: 3.2.0-0ubuntu2
    Candidato:  3.2.0-0ubuntu2
    Tabla de versión: