This could be a duplicate of bug #847399

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  Deja Dup - very inaccurate progress bar

Status in “deja-dup” package in Ubuntu:

  UPDATE: it wasn't duplicity's fault actually. It was my home directory
  that had grown over 2GBs. Backup wasn't 25MB, it was default size of
  backup part that Deja Dup sets.

  Now the problem is that Deja Dup doesn't show upload progress
  accurately. In my case it changes from completely empty to completely
  full. I wouldn't call this accurate.

  Tip: do not backup whole home directory if your connection does not allow to
upload large files fast.

  Package: duplicity 0.6.18-0ubuntu3
  Date: Thu Apr 26 19:01:21 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111012)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: duplicity
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-04-01 (25 days ago)