Affects me too. Ubuntu 13.04, Thunderbird 24.0, Lightning 2.6.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  icons for mail folders not correct, unread mail does not make folder
  name bold

Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:

  hi,

  Running Ubuntu 12.04 amd64. I've just upgraded to T'bird 23.0 from the
  MozillaTeam PPA in order to have Lightning 2.5b2.

  I notice several regressions in the GUI:
  - special maps (drafts, sent, spam, deleted) have lost their special icon,
they are just plain brown maps like all others
  - unread mails do not make the map's name come up *bold*

  If you have any questions, just ask.

  cheers
  Tom