Tried the thing with
     cat /etc/modprobe.d/radeon-kms.conf
     options radeon modeset=0
  which was proposed in older versions as workaround.
but it is not acceptable.  Works only with low resolution and no evidence that
the bug goes away.

Had it again, however!
Kernel =
Linux atviedl2a149 3.8.0-31-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 10 20:03:44 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  [drm:radeon_cs_ib_chunk] *ERROR* Failed to schedule IB !

Status in X.org XServer - ATI gfx chipset driver:
  Fix Released
Status in “xserver-xorg-video-ati” package in Ubuntu:

  Problem : On boot my computer is perfect for a few minuts, then my
  screen start to panic and finally totaly freeze.

  Graphic card : VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
  nee ATI Manhattan [Mobility Radeon HD 5430 Series]

  Driver : xserver-xorg-video-ati

  How to reproduce : Booting on Ubuntu Raring Ringtail 13.04

  Syslog : [drm:radeon_cs_ib_chunk] *ERROR* Failed to schedule IB !