Ubuntu 13.10. I deleted some entries and I cannot restore them.
Libreoffice is totally unseen from the system yet. Thr icons in the
unity launcher are gone. Terrible bug. Reinstallation is needed.

Packages, which is subscribed to alacarte in Ubuntu.

  Alacarte does not recover deleted menu items

Status in Alacarte Menu Editor:
  Fix Released
Status in “alacarte” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “alacarte” source package in Hardy:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: alacarte

  If you delete a program's menu item form Alacarte you can never again
  recover it: neither pressing the "revert" button, not uninstalling
  that program and installing it again.

  That makes deleting a launcher EXTREMELY dangerous, so please - either
  remove the "delete" function of Alacarte, and let the user just show
  or hide the launcher; or fix Alacarte so the revert button actually
  reverts the menu to a state where deleted launchers are recovered.

  This bug is VERY serious in my opinion.