   [drm:i915_hangcheck_elapsed] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU hung

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  [drm:i915_hangcheck_elapsed] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU
  hung

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I had a crash last Monday on Xubuntu 12.04.1 LTS. It happened after
  browsing with Firefox for some hours IIRC. I did a kernel update from
  linux-image-3.2.0-29-generic:amd64 to linux-
  image-3.2.0-33-generic:amd64 the previous Thursday, so it might have
  been introduced then.

  The mouse pointer was movable, everything else was still, clicking had
  no effect, keyboard had no effect (e.g. tried ctrl+alt+f1, I didn't
  know about alt+sysrq before now)

  The laptop is a Thinkpad X220 with a hardware switch to turn off and
  on all radio (wifi, bluetooth, 3G) so I tried that, it had no effect.
  Then I tried ssh-ing into the machine, and apparantly network-manager
  was still running and had managed to connect after I switched wifi off
  and on again. From within ssh everything seemed just fine. I tried
  killing firefox and restarting lightdm, this had no effect though (how
  does one restart X in Xubuntu?).

  I will collect more info if it happens again (saw
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DebuggingSystemCrash after I had
  rebooted), but for now I've pasted the relevant bits from
  /var/log/syslog* at http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1393943/ (all the way
  down to where I hit the radio switch).

  Please let me know if there's any more info I can collect, I don't
  know how to provoke the bug though.

  $ apt-cache policy xorg
  xorg:
    Installert: 1:7.6+12ubuntu1