Alberto, just to be clear, by "good" I meant the global menu was
disabled and the in-window menu worked and by "bad" I meant the global
menu was enabled and broken.

IMO, on the short term, the workaround to remove the global menu should
be applied by default, as it was in 13.04 because the real issue might
take a while to fix.

Packages, which is subscribed to eclipse in Ubuntu.

  Eclipse menus doesn't show up in Saucy

Status in “eclipse” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “unity-gtk-module” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Run Eclipse.
  2. Move the cursor to the top of the screen.
  3. Click on any of the menu items (File, Edit, Navigate, ...)

  Expected: The content of the submenus show up

  Actual: Only the top-level headers seem to be available. Nothing
  happens when I click on them either. They don't show up in the HUD
  either.

  It worked fine on 13.04, so I'm not sure what changed.

  Package: eclipse 3.8.1-1ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.10.0-6-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.11-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sat Aug  3 17:03:55 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Alpha i386 (20130708)
  MarkForUpload: True
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: eclipse