I got the exact same problem. I even went out and bought me a new
headset just to be 100% sure that it wasn't just the set that was
broken, but it wasn't.

It started after I upgraded to 13.10. I have since then done a new,
complete fresh install with no change.

Oddly enogh it seems this only affect headset mics. I got a plain USB
table mic from Logitech who still works, but none of my (now) two
headset mics are working properly. Also, the new headset has it's own
audio interface (via USB) with no difference, so it can't just be the
analogue onboard audio jacks either.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1239228

Title:
  [MS-7693, Realtek ALC892, Pink Mic, Rear] Background noise and strange
  sound

Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  I have tested my gamin headset in my notebook and it works fine
  without extra noises or "white noise"

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-12.19-generic 3.11.3
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-12-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  santiago   2167 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  santiago   2167 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   santiago   2167 F...m pulseaudio
  Date: Sat Oct 12 20:41:36 2013
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2013-10-10 (1 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Beta amd64 (20131010.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_AlsaRecordingTest: ALSA recording test through plughw:SB successful
  Symptom_Card: Audio Interno - HDA ATI SB
  Symptom_Jack: Pink Mic, Rear
  Symptom_PulseAudioRecordingTest: PulseAudio recording test through plughw:SB 
successful
  Symptom_Type: High background noise, or volume is too low
  Title: [MS-7693, Realtek ALC892, Pink Mic, Rear] Background noise or low 
volume
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
  dmi.bios.date: 07/16/2013
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: V2.5
  dmi.board.asset.tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.board.name: 970A-G46 (MS-7693)
  dmi.board.vendor: MSI
  dmi.board.version: 2.0
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: MSI
  dmi.chassis.version: 2.0
  dmi.modalias: 
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrV2.5:bd07/16/2013:svnMSI:pnMS-7693:pvr2.0:rvnMSI:rn970A-G46(MS-7693):rvr2.0:cvnMSI:ct3:cvr2.0:
  dmi.product.name: MS-7693
  dmi.product.version: 2.0
  dmi.sys.vendor: MSI

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1239228/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to