I noticed today something that didn't caych my eye before.

The login option that is always default for me is my user session but it
first show up 'Light Display Manager' and then quickly switches. My user
session doesn't have then the Ubuntu logo which is used for switching
between diferrent DE's. I have to cycle to the 'Light Display Manager'
and back to my user to get this option.

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-greeter in Ubuntu.

  "Light Display Manager" is offered as login option

Status in “unity-greeter” package in Ubuntu:

  Test case:
  Fresh install of current image (10/05 here
  Log in to guest account, log out
  Light Display Manager is now a login option

  Package: unity-greeter 13.10.3-0ubuntu1