Public bug reported:

Volume of subwoofer on pulseaudio volume control is not working after I upgrade
to 13.10.
Subwoofer makes sound and change the loundness with sliding front/left volume
slider. Subwoofer slider change nothing. There is no independent control.
There are more problems regarding subwoofer controls and You guys never fix
this kind of problem but I report here anyway.

** Affects: pavucontrol (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: pulseaudio (Ubuntu) => pavucontrol (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

   Volume of subwoofer on pulseaudio volume control is not working after
  13.10 installation

Status in “pavucontrol” package in Ubuntu: