[Expired for nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 (Ubuntu) because there has been
no activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 in Ubuntu.

  Unity crashes after installing nvidia-current

Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-304” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  after installing nvidia-current, the window manager stops working.
  The taskbar disappears, windows will no longer move, resize or change
  order.

  What's particularly annoying about this error is that it has existed
  for years.  There are postings for Ubuntu 12, and I was able to find
  similar reports going back to 9.

  Various solutions have been proposed, including uninstalling the package:
  NikTh (nick-athens30) said on 2012-11-28:     #1

  Hi ,

  please open a terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and execute bellow commands with
  order (one at time, copy-paste from here if you want)

  sudo apt-get remove --purge nvidia-*
  sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
  sudo apt-get install nvidia-common ubuntu-desktop
  sudo apt-get install --reinstall xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
  sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

  Reboot you PC.

  First of all, this didn't work for me.  Second, how about fixing the
  problem, or at least flagging/removing the package.  You have a
  package which, if installed, does serious damage to the desktop.  A
  huge warning at least would be nice.

  If anyone can tell me how to undo this, I would like to at least recover my
system.  At the moment I can barely use it.
  uname -a
  Linux ari 3.8.0-22-generic #33-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 16 15:17:14 UTC 2013 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux