This was fixed by adding gir1.2-gtk-3.0 to Depends.

** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Aron Xu (happyaron) => (unassigned)

** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #725134

** Also affects: ibus (Debian) via

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  ibus should depend on gir1.2-gtk-2.0

Status in “ibus” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “ibus” package in Debian:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  I am running Kubuntu Saucy and I have installed ibus with a few input
  methods. However, I was unable to run ibus-setup either from the tray
  icon or a terminal.

  While trying to run ibus-setup from the terminal I was getting the
  error:

  $ ibus-setup
  ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for Gtk
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/ibus/setup/main.py", line 29, in <module>
      from gi.repository import Gtk
  ImportError: cannot import name Gtk

  By googling I got the link http://askubuntu.com/questions/48663
  /software-sources-requires-gtk-2-and-wont-run-on-11-04 which is
  somewhat related and based on a suggestion in that page I did

  $ sudo apt-get install gir1.2-gtk-2.0

  after which I have tried ibus-setup to get the ibus-setup window but
  with a warning:

  $ ibus-setup
  /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py:49: RuntimeWarning: You
have imported the Gtk 2.0 module.  Because Gtk 2.0 was not designed for use
with introspection some of the interfaces and API will fail.  As such this is
not supported by the pygobject development team and we encourage you to port
your app to Gtk 3 or greater. PyGTK is the recomended python module to use with
Gtk 2.0
    warnings.warn(warn_msg, RuntimeWarning)

  Since it is not possible to use ibus without enabling any of the input
  methods using the setup window, this should be considered a high
  priority bug for ibus.

  Please fix this. Thank you.