** Package changed: compiz (Ubuntu) => cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Using a HP Officejet 4500g Desktop, I have to print an empty page to
  be able to use it in scan mode

Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:

  Using a HP Officejet 4500g Desktop, I have to print an empty page to be able
to use it in scan mode.
  Otherwhere else nothing happens.

  With 13.04 it worked perfectly.

  Now with 13.10 I have to print an empty page to switch between
  printing and scanning modes.

  XSane simply does not recognize a scanner.
  After printint a page, it recognizes it like before with 13.04

  $ apt-cache policy cups
  cups:
    Installed: 1.7.0~rc1-0ubuntu5
    Candidate: 1.7.0~rc1-0ubuntu5