bug from 2009. Version not more supported.
change status to invalid.

** Changed in: evolution (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  Attachments data error

Status in The Evolution Mail & Calendaring Tool:
  New
Status in “evolution” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: evolution

  When I send a shell script text as Attachment to my friend's email, he
received an error file, I meant, my  Attachment, a shell script, is
unexpectedly changed, which I can tell with the command
  $ diff   file.orig    file.other
  this should not happen, I think.

  this bug maybe replicated like fellow:

  1.  download my Attachment with this bug report.
  2.  decompression the Attachment, you will get two files:
  "msgforme.orig" -- the original shell script
  "msgforme.new" -- the shell script that my friend received
  you can tell the difference between the two files using the command 'diff'
  3. now you can use your evolution to send an email to your other mailbox
(called mailboxB) with an Attachment of my shell script file "msgforme.orig"
without compressing.
  4. then you go to the web, say, use your firefox to receive the email with
mailboxB, and download the Attachment.
  5. And now you will see the diff between the new file you downloaded just now
and the original file.

  more infomation for you:
  I use gmail as server and evolution as client, I send my file to other
mailbox(not gmail), and the Attachment file should/may be a shell script file
without compressing.  Then this bug occur.

  I do the same thing, say, send an email to my friend with the
  attachment(without compressing) above using the firefox with the same
  mail server(gmail), This bug didn't occur.

  and I did a lot of tests like sending the email from one mail box the
  another, finally I found that it is exactly the problem of evolution.

  that's all. I wish this problem be fixed quickly.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/evolution