I think this key is not binded to anything but just to make sure I
launched the keyboard tool.

It seems binded to nothing but in english layout, pressing the key open
the  «command menu» (such as the left alt key does). But in bépo layout,
it does nothing.

So, in the tab «shortcut» I tryed to temporary set the AltGr key to some
unused shortcut functionality :

- When the qwerty layout is selected the key is recognize as a "Alt R" key;
- When the bépo layout is selected the key is recognize as a "Level 3 shift"
key.

Please see the uploaded screenshot

I don't know what is this kind of key "Level 3 shift".

Bépo layout is the equivalent of the dvorak layout (but applied to french).
On a bépo keyboard layout, this AltGr key is useful for dealing with foreign
language and input char like ñ ã ú ś ¿ ¡ ù ï © ß ...

Remark, whenever I try to bind this "Level 3 shift" to a shortcut, the
shortcut never works when the key is pressed.

** Attachment added: "Two layout recognize the same physical key differently"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1248888/+attachment/3902360/+files/ShortcutBindingRecognition.png

  Folder creation naming is canceled when name contains underscore with
  french bepo keyboard layout

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Step to reproduce :
  - select the french bepo keyboard in the list of layouts
  - open nautilus and create a folder
  - when it asks a name for the folder, try to give a name containing an
underscore (AltGr+space on the bépo layout)
  - as soon as you press the AltGr key the focus is lost and the name of the
folder stays «Untitled Folder»

  Remarks :
  - I am using a qwerty keyboard with the french bépo layout
  - There is no problem for entering underscore when I am renaming the
previously created «Untitled Folder»

  Package: nautilus 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu16
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-31.46-generic 3.8.13.8
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-31-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.9.2-0ubuntu8.5
  Architecture: i386