No enough information provided, and it's not in supported release, thus

** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  IBus preference dialog only opens after repeated attempts

Status in “ibus” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: ibus

  I am using Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick and ibus-1.3.7-1ubuntu3.

  In order to begin inputting a language using ibus you are required to
  add that language in the preferences dialog. I clicked on the ibus
  indicator applet and selected preferences. I expected the preferences
  dialog to open, but it did not. I repeated this process three more
  times, and it finally opened. After this initial opening, the
  preferences dialog opens on the first selection. I am not sure if the
  initial opening is simply delayed, or must be repeated a number of
  times to work.